For patients with gum disease, traditional surgery is no longer the only option. A laser alternative has proven to be safe and effective treatment, offering several additional benefits. Does your periodontist provide the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®)? You may want to find out before you schedule treatment to address bleeding gums. Drs. Scott B. and Bradley A. Ross recommend LANAP to treat all stages of gum disease in their Miami, FL, practice.
The Benefits of LANAP Gum Disease Treatment
- Enhanced comfort: LANAP is performed with the use of a laser. The laser light takes the place of traditional scalpels and sutures. It eliminates bacteria and diseased tissue without being invasive.
- Minimized bleeding: The laser cauterizes tissue and can be used to encourage clotting, minimizing the risk of bleeding gums.
- Reduced swelling: The bacteria cause the swelling of the infected tissue. The swelling, characteristic of gum disease, is immediately improved when the bacteria and diseased tissue are removed.
- Faster recovery: Without incisions or stitches, patients tend to heal faster and need less downtime after LANAP.
- Reduced risk of gum recession: The incisions and sutures used in osseous surgery often create gum recession of a few millimeters. LANAP utilizes a different method, ensuring that the possibility of experiencing loss of healthy tissue is slim to none.
- Improved bone health: Bne loss is a common occurrence with gum disease. The laser can be used to encourage the regeneration of bone tissue.
- Safe for everyone: LANAP can be effectively performed on anyone, including those with diabetes, hemophilia, or heart disease.
Want to know more about LANAP and how it is performed? Schedule a consultation with Drs. Ross for treatment of gum disease in Miami, FL. They have used LANAP to treat hundreds of patients with bleeding gums. Call or email our office today.
Currently rated by 0 people
Comments are closed for this post, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this post, feel free to contact us.