When you think of lasers, what comes to mind? If you thought of teeth whitening or gum disease treatment, then you are ahead of the game. Most people are unaware that laser dentistry is being used to more comfortably and conveniently treat patients who are seeking treatment for infection, tissue removal, and cosmetic dentistry. Though this advanced technology has been incorporated into dental treatments since the 1990s and has transformed the patient experience for the better, not every doctor offers laser dentistry in Miami, FL.
Which Treatments Utilize Laser Dentistry?
A laser is advanced equipment that emits a beam of light. This light can be harnessed and used to remove or reshape tissue, while simultaneously cauterizing the remaining tissue (if soft). It can also be used to hasten a chemical reaction that expedites recovery. The following procedures effectively incorporate laser dentistry:
- Laser gum surgery for gum disease
- Treatment of infection with root canal therapy
- Teeth whitening
- Uncovering wisdom teeth
- Correcting a gummy smile
- Removing tooth or bone
- Dental implant placement
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
For the doctors who offer this advanced technology, there are stringent training and certification requirements, including continuing education courses. Additionally, the laser used by your doctor has been cleared by the FDA. Safe and effective, laser dentistry offers numerous advantages to patients:
- Precision instrument minimizes damage to healthy tissue surrounding a treatment site
- Laser eliminates the need for scalpels, stitches, and in some cases, dental drills and anesthetic
- Patients experience less discomfort and downtime after procedures
- Recovery time is faster and overall results are improved
- Visits are typically shorter, making this a convenience for patients
- Laser dentistry treatments are safe for patients who take medication for existing chronic illness, including diabetics
Does your doctor offer laser dentistry in Miami, FL? If not, it may be time to get a second opinion. Call our office to schedule a consultation with Drs. Scott B. Ross and Bradley A. Ross. Our doctors can treat gum disease with greater comfort and convenience for you.
Currently rated by 0 people